Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Confession time...

Alright little dude, Momma is just never, ever getting on here to update anymore. I guess you can call it being too busy, or, ahem, lazy?!? I don't know. When you were a little baby, I had time during your naps or after you went to bed to blog, but as you've gotten older, and nap less, I find myself trying to clean up the house, do laundry, make grocery lists etc. Plus, I have to upload photos of you (and you know I take thousands) and then post them to Facebook and edit them. I don't know how often I will update this blog from here on out. Might not be often. Might be really rare, but I don't want to put a lid on it just yet. I'm thinking I might aim for once a month.

In the meantime, I will add some new Levi stuff...
You had a great Christmas! You got loads of new, fun stuff! You got to Skype with Nana and Papa on Christmas Eve while with all the rest of Mommy's family. You spent Christmas day going down your new slide endlessly, and then headed over to Gram and Gramps' house to hang with Daddy's family. You didn't really like opening gifts, but since Santa doesn't wrap much, you thought that was GREAT!!

You went out of the country for the 1st time earlier this month! You, Momma, Dada, Nana, Papa, Aunt Elly and Uncle Pj, and a few of Nana's friends all went on a cruise to Mexico. It was sooooo fun!! You were such a good boy on the ship. You didn't really like our tiny room that we stayed in, but you loved running around on board and you made a lot of strangers smile. You slept very good in the crib in the room and were pretty good about napping on the fly in your stroller. You loved playing in the sand on the beaches. You also thought it was great to eat hamburger patties and french fries at virtually every meal ;) We actually ordered your own meal for the 1st time when we went to Outback Steakhouse in KC the night before we flew out. You GOBBLED it up! Loved it!! It was so funny to watch you get so excited over a hamburger(without the bun), french fries and pickle slices. So cute!

We took you to an Occupational Therapist yesterday to help with your eating. You still don't eat fruits or veggies unless they are pureed. It is hard for us, because we want you to be healthy and like a bunch of different foods. You basically just don't like to touch foods that are sticky, slimy, squishy etc. Don't worry though, we are going to help you.

In the last couple of weeks, you have been doing something funny. You cover your face with your hands when you are frustrated or crying. I think it is sort of an "I don't know what to do with myself" sort of thing. Funny though ;)

We officially turned our dining room in to your playroom last weekend. With your new slide, a little table and chairs for you that you got from Gram and Gramps for Christmas, and the fact that most of your toys are big, we needed the extra space for all of it. You love being able to get in to a room that you weren't allowed in before.

You still love going through books. You will grab one and bring it to us to read. I love that you love books. I hope it continues for a long time!!

Some of your other favorite things to do right now are: being chased by us around the house, running and jumping in to your bean bag, dancing, "helping" us with the dishwasher, climbing in to the fridge, pulling Mama's socks out of the sock drawer, throwing everything on the kitchen floor to hear the noise, wrestling with Dada, riding around on Dada's shoulders...as you can see, most of these are active. You don't sit still, except to watch Sunny Patch.

You blew so many kisses on board the cruise that you had many "girlfriends" amongst the workers. You also especially liked blowing kisses to Nana's friend Toni. I think she likes you too ;) You say "hi" and "bye bye" and wave to people now. When you give hugs you make a little "awwww" noise in a high pitch. It surely melts everyone's hearts who you're hugging :) You know how to do the actions to Itsy Bitsy Spider. You are getting better at feeding yourself with your spoon and fork. You love that you can turn on your Gloworm at night. I hear you turn it on and then giggle :) You say "peeeeees" (again in a high pitch)and sign please when I ask you to, and even sometimes on your own when you want something. You sign all done, and more almost every day. You know where your hair, nose, feet, belly, and eyes are. You know what a cow says, a snake and, Dada claims, an elephant. You love to eat coconut milk yogurt, soy banana pudding, crackers, Happy Tot fruit and veggie combo pouches, fruit snacks,and anything with peanut butter on it. Oh, and sausage. You love you some breakfast sausage :) You mostly are drinking hemp milk and diluted apple/carrot juice. Sometimes we dilute some OJ for you, but you prefer the apple/carrot juice. You love drinking out of a glass. We aren't quite ready to give you the go-ahead though. You are messy enough as it is ;)

On a down side, you definitely throw a toddler temper tantrum with the best of them. You arch your back, throw yourself on the floor, scream, kick whatever you feel is loud and awful to do. It drives Daddy and I up the wall, but since we love you so much, we forgive you. I think it will get better once you can tell us what you want....or don't want. Right now, some of the worst tantrums are during diaper changes. You HATE them. You see us grab a diaper and run. I don't know if this will make potty training easier or harder. Hmmmm...

On another note, I can't wait for spring. You LOVE being outside. It has been hard for you to understand that you can't play outside when there is tons of snow and below zero temps. I'm sorry buddy. It is hard for Mama too. I promise, once it is warmer outside, we will be right back out there. Until then, you will probably watch a little too much Sunny Patch :)



Love, Mama

3 comments:

  1. Love Love Loved reading this blog about our favorite little one year old!!! I guess, Nana and Papa can get use to once a month, but I will continue to check it EVERY day :) We had such an AWESOME time with you on the cruise. Cannot wait to do another one. You were such a good little boy. So so fun to be able to spend time making memories with you and your Mommy and Daddy. xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay, so I know it hasn't been a whole month yet, but just wanted to tell you that Nana is checking your blog to see what you have been up to and what new things you have been learning. Hope you have a fun-filled Valentine's Day, little man!!! Love you lots and lots xoxoxoxo p.s. tell your mommy and daddy "HI" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay, little man, Nana has been very patient in waiting one month for your mommy to update this blog :) I am going to have to make a call to her to please let us know what all you have been up to in this month. I know that you have had tubes put in your ears and hope so much that they are helping. Love you so much.....miss you terribly and looking forward to seeing you in May. xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete