Then, you started losing your hair. This is especially hard on me, because I just can't imagine what you will look like without your long, blond, curly locks. Maybe they will come back, but since I don't know that, it has been hard to watch them go. You are such a sweet baby and you will still be the most beautiful baby to me no matter what.
Next, you started rolling over to your tummy. This was another shocker. You used to hate being on your tummy. Yesterday morning was the first time that we knew that you had rolled over. Now tonight, you won't even stay on your back. You roll immediately to your tummy to play and when I put you in the crib to go to sleep tonight, it only took about 15 seconds before you flipped over to your tummy. This actually is a little scary to me. I stayed in your room for about 5 minutes before I was convinced that you weren't going to suffocate on your mattress or blanket. I know we aren't supposed to put you to bed with a blanket, but you love it. It calms you down the second we give it to you with your binky. I might have to try putting you to bed without it if I can't sleep tonight worried that you are in there on your tummy with the blanket right up against your face. I am a first time Mommy, and you are the most precious thing in my world. I take your safety very seriously. This was another milestone that changes you from "infant" to something older. Now, you can play with your toys not laying on your back. You look like such an older baby. I'm so proud of you though.
Lastly, tonight at Gram and Gramps' for Gramps' birthday, I found that you cut your 2nd tooth. I was showing Gram your 1st tooth, and there it was...the tooth right next to your 1st one. You have 2 teeth! Already! Do I need to remind you that you are only 4 1/2 months old? Nana told me that I had 2 teeth by 4 1/2 months old. I guess you are just trying to follow in my footsteps. Your 2 little teeth are so darn cute!
I've teared up a couple of times this week (and am right now). It is the most amazing thing that I have ever seen....you growing up. You are single-handedly the most amazing, wonderful thing that I have ever been a part of. I have loved every minute that I have spent watching you grow. I just sometimes wish that it wasn't flying by so fast. I used to rock you to sleep at night and then take you up and lay you in your crib after you were asleep. A couple of weeks ago, I started putting you in your crib while you were sleepy, but awake and let you put yourself to sleep. You do great at this! I'm so proud that you are such a big boy, but I will admit that I miss snuggling with you before you go to bed. Tonight you were fussing (probably because of your tooth) so I thought that you might need some extra snuggling, but you fought it and fought it. Finally, I thought that maybe I would lay you in your crib to see what would happen. You calmed down right away. You are such a big boy. I love this, but it is happening so much faster than I thought it would. I'm so proud of all of your milestones. You really do amaze me. Just maybe slow down a little...for Mom.
Oh, and one more thing. You have been sitting up on your own for about 30 seconds at a time now. Daddy and I snapped some pictures of you before your bath the other night. You sat up on your changing table for a long time. Again, it makes you look like such a big boy. All of this has just happened in the past week. All of it. It has just been a little too much for me emotionally. I am so excited for all of your achievements, but they remind me each day that my little baby boy is growing up. The 1st day of kindergarten is right around the corner. Until then, stay a baby for just a little while longer please. I love you more than words can say...my sweet, sweet boy...
Love, Mommy
and probably the last picture we'll get (taken 2 days ago) of how you used to sleep on your back with your arms stretched out...
oooohhhhh, I know just how your mommy is feeling. The time just goes by much too quickly. You are a lucky little guy and every little milestone you make is treasured. Lots of love. Nana
ReplyDelete