Monster,
Today is Labor Day. It is your last, first holiday. There aren't any little t-shirts that say "My 1st Labor Day" or I probably would've stuck you in one of them for some pictures! ;) I'm starting to get all mushy now that you are almost ONE! I sent out your invites for your party and it became very real that you are going to be a big boy before too long.
This last couple of weeks have been kind of interesting for us. We found out from Dr Ritch that you probably have a severe dairy allergy that is causing your ear infections. I think that is probably the case, so we have really buckled down in that dept. You can't have regular bread, most pasta, graham crackers, and even some deli meats. It's kind of sad, but Mama has been doing lots of research and I think that it will be ok. We spent lots of $$$ at Whole Foods the other night to get you some foods. We have to start sending some table food with you to daycare so that you have something to eat when the other kiddos are eating foods with dairy ingredients. Don't worry, you will have plenty of yummy vegan cheeses and waffles etc.
Also, we started taking away some "baba's" on Saturday. We are still letting you have your formula in the morning and before bed, but we want you to be down to just sippy cups during the day. This is what daycare wants, and so this is what we are working on. You have been throwing lots of little fits for your bottle though. I took a little video of you crying your eyes out. It's been sad for Dada and I to watch you miss your babas so much, but we know that it will be better for you in the long run.
We spent the 1st part of today with my family (Kris, Mark, Chad, Elizabeth and your cousins) and then we are headed to Dada's family party after you get up from your nap. Happy 1st Labor Day buddy!!!
Love, Mama
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wondering how you are liking your sippy cup, by now???? Love you, little guy!!! xoxoxo
ReplyDelete